River Restoration Northwest offers limited Professional Stipends to help defray symposium costs.
Please return to this page in the fall for 2022 Symposium Stipend information.
a Lead Entities and FEGs are formal organizations created by the Washington State legislature
b must be federally-recognized
Each stipend provides a $625 credit toward one 3-day Symposium (Tuesday through Thursday) registration.
Awardees will receive a registration code that activates their stipend for online Symposium registration.
- The applicant shall be currently involved in stream restoration work.
- The applicant shall be an employee of or volunteer for a qualified organization as identified (see "Qualified Organization").
- Employment may be full- or part-time.
- The applicant's employer shall have the purpose of ecological enhancements for stream, riparian, and watershed systems.
- The applicant may be either "experienced" or a "novice" regarding stream restoration activities.
- The applicant should be currently involved in stream restoration work.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Note: Students are not eligible unless they meet the eligibility criteria (e.g. working as paid or volunteer staff of a qualified organization).
|Stipend application period opens|
|Completed applications due by 11:59PM PST|
11/16/19 - 11/21/19
|Applications compiled by Coordinator, screened for eligibility, reviewed by Stipend Committee, reviews compiled by Coordinator|
|Stipend awardees notified by email|
|Stipend awardees must complete symposium registration a|
a failure to register by the specified date will result in cancellation of the award
Registration includes all conference materials and meals, as follows:
- Coffee/tea refreshments from Tuesday AM to Thursday PM
- Expanded continental breakfasts Tuesday through Thursday before sessions start.
- Group lunches Tuesday through Thursday as part of the program.
- Group dinners Tuesday and Wednesday as part of the program.
Short course (Monday) and field trip (Friday) registration fees are not covered by Professional Stipends.
Recipients must register by close of business on the day indicated under timelines or forfeit their stipend.
Individuals or their affiliated organization are responsible for paying their own lodging and travel expenses. Lodging information for Skamania Lodge and other nearby locations can be found here.
Stipend applications are ranked by a multidisciplinary committee. The committee attempts to distribute stipends geographically and among technical disciplines (biology, geomorphology, engineering, etc) and employers (watershed councils, conservation districts, etc). Part-time applicants are eligible to apply, though priority is given to full-time applicants. Awardees will be notified by email and receive a registration code that will be active for two weeks. Awardees failing to register by the December 7 forfeit their stipend. Forfeited stipends are re-awarded to candidates on a standby list based on the review committee's composite score.
The 2020 application form is not available at this time. The application link will be available on our website on October 21st.
- Upon submission of the application form, you will receive an email confirming receipt of application.
- You will be able to access your application by using the link in the email to change/made edits until the November 15, 2019 deadline.
RRNW Professional Stipend
Employee or volunteer, full- or part-time
|Job Activity||Involved in restoration / enhancements of stream, riparian, and/or watershed systems.|
|Eligible Organizations||Watershed councils, watershed groups, environmental education organizations, Fisheries Enhancement Groups, Lead Entities, salmon recovery regional organizations, conservation districts, federally-recognized Native American tribes or First Nations and non-profit organizations.|
|Students Eligible?||No (unless otherwise meeting employment, activity, and organization status)|
$625 towards symposium registration
Applications are no longer being accepted at this time.
|Short Course Included?|
|Field Trip Included?|
11:59 PM PST, November 15, 2019
|3-Day Symposium Registration included?|